1. The learner knows about hunger and malnutrition and their main physical and psychological effects on human life, and about specific vulnerable groups.
2. The learner knows about the amount and distribution of hunger and malnutrition locally, nationally and globally, currently as well as historically.
3. The learner knows the main drivers and root causes for hunger at the individual, local, national and global level.
4. The learner knows principles of sustainable agriculture and understands the need for legal rights to have land and property as necessary conditions to promote it.
5. The learner understands the need for sustainable agriculture to combat hunger and malnutrition worldwide and knows about other strategies to combat hunger, malnutrition and poor diets.